Kova is a side-scrolling RPG set in a distant, technologically-advanced future when human-kind has colonized planets across galaxies.
You’re Kova Rimor, a space mercenary on her way to the next payday. You happen across a foreign beacon when your ship is interdicted by another ship and crash-lands on an uninhabited, icy planet. What is the mystery behind this beacon? Where does it come from? As you unravel its story and contents, you might find an answer to the most perplexing question of all: "Why have humans been alone in the Universe?"
Investigating the mystery behind this alien-like beacon, you’ll explore different planets and interact with allies and foes alike that may push you to change tactics, battling hostile forces and taking on side missions to increase the abilities of your weapons, suit and ship, metroidvania-style.
Black Hive Media was founded in 2009, at the beginning of the mobile boom. The team has over 15 years experience in the game industry spanning across mobile, arcade, PC, and console. They've worked with and created content for many companies and clients including Aspyr, A&E, Hot Wheels, Guns & Ammo, Roxor, Blewt, Fun in Motion, Blue Goji and many more.
- Join one of three factions, each with their own perks, missions and dialog options
- Craft shift upgrades, ammo and other items
- FPS-like combat controls paired-down for 2D, allowing you to fully aim and control trajectory
- Take on side missions to get information and earn credits, so you can upgrade your skills, ship and weapons
- Uncover one of the universe’s greatest mysteries by collecting and analyzing beacons
- Explore a variety of planets with their own distinct atmosphere, different town hubs and side-missions to take on.
Want to know more? Get in touch and we will be happy to answer any questions